Workshop and SiteTours
8:45 am - 10:45 am WORKSHOP A SSC 101 – Designing, Planning and Implementing Global (or Regional) Business ServicesRakesh Sangani - CEO Proservartner
In this Workshop, learn more about getting the concept right, building the business case and taking the senior stakeholders with you. In particular, this workshop will enable you to:
• Discover the “need to know” for location strategy
• Establish a clear roadmap for change, and clarity and vision for your transformation
• Develop a blueprint for your organisational model
• Importance of stabilisation (and not just focusing on Go Live)
• Build effective governance models
• Learn from companies who have set up in the region about what they did, and crucially, what they would do differently
8:45 am - 10:45 am Workshop B Business Services Skills - Identifying and Addressing the Changing Skills Deficit Within Business ServicesMantautas Paskevicius - Vice President Europe & UK Strategic Staffing Solutions
Once seen as a low-level, transactional unit, without any real responsibility or power to impact strategic decision-making, BSCs are now seen as viable places to add value to your business. This move up the value curve requires leaders to find and train a wildly different type of skillset and employee, specialists in automation, innovations and analytics. In this session, discover how to
- Attract and train these “new skills”
- Retain your premium workforce
- Address knowledge retention
- Set up and utilise the centre of excellence model
Mantautas PaskeviciusVice President Europe & UK
Strategic Staffing Solutions
10:45 am - 11:10 am Morning Refreshments
11:10 am - 1:10 pm Workshop C Intelligent Automation - From Concept to Success
Intelligent Automation (IA) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) within business services is no longer the “hot new topic” that it was a few years ago. Yet over a third of SSOs in Europe still have yet to roll out IA.
In this session learn:
- When to roboticise, and when to intelligently automate
- Utilise RPA to drive transformational business process improvement
- Build the foundations for a successful RPA programme – do you need standardised and simplified processes before you take the plunge?
Tips and tricks to set up an astounding Centre of Excellence!
1:10 pm - 2:40 pm Lunch
2:10 pm - 4:10 pm Workshop E GBS TransformationsKrystian Bestry - Chief Executive Officer Adaptive Solutions & Advisory Group
Knowledge management as a base for your GBS transformation journey
The transition from multi-country operations or multi-centre SSCs into a Global Business Services model is not easy to make. Talent competition in any favorable location makes knowledge management priority number one for the execution of transition programmes and GBS operations.
The session will address key risks associated with knowledge management at transition phase and GBS steady-state, with Business Services leaders and practitioners’ insights on mitigation strategies and different methodologies applied to maximise the standard global operating model for the business transformation.
• System standardisation vs. process documentation
- leverage your transition approach for data & knowledge repository
• Global Process Ownership - establish cross-functional management for business accountability for process
• Arm your GBS operations with relevant knowledge management methodologies
• Build the base for RPA - modern documentation solutions used to enable process automation.
Krystian Bestry, Chief Executive Officer,
Adaptive Solutions & Advisory Group
Krystian BestryChief Executive Officer
Adaptive Solutions & Advisory Group
2:10 pm - 4:10 pm Workshop F Stepping Beyond the Bots – Why Order to Cash Business Services Need More than RPADan Chapman - AVP, Strategic Accounts HighRadius
SSC are perfectly placed to be testers and adopters of new technology. Nobody could have anticipated the impact of RPA on the SSC industry, but there is growing dissatisfaction among GPOs and finance leaders about maintenance and the constant requirement of manual input and supervision. A perfect segue to the frontier of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Discover how pioneering SSC/GBS are already combining RPA and AI for the next level of process efficiency and effectiveness.
Key Takeaways from this session:
· Understand the impact that an RPA and AI combination would have on more than 30 staple activities across key order-to-cash functions
· Understand the activities where off-the-shelf RPA solutions gain an edge over maintenance-intensive, custom-built RPA solutions
· Real life examples of how “machine-life” is already stepping into knowledge-based work OTC activities.
· Discover how skillset upgradation could help achieve the balance between your human and virtual workforce.
Dan ChapmanAVP, Strategic Accounts
4:10 pm - 4:30 pm Afternoon Break
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm Workshop G Embedding Change Management and Continuous Improvement
CI should be a fundamental part of your SSC/GBS journey, which needs to be embedded for growth benefits to be fully realised.
This workshop discusses the following:
· Embedding CI initiatives into the heart of your organisation to create a best in class CI culture
· Set KPIs and SLA targets that drive your CI vehicle
· Consistently deliver ROI to your customer through establishing your CI “must-haves”.
· Tackle assimilating E2E processes within your SSC/GBS
· Structure your CI team within your SSC
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm Workshop H Talent & Engagement and Turquoise Leadership– Working for Millennials So That they will Continue to Work for YouAnna Falbogowska - Director, Strategic Deployment GSK
With nearly 75% of European SSOs confirming that Millennials are now the most represented portion of their workforce, SSO leaders need to ensure they are creating environments that encourage innovation and keep attrition low (but crucially, not too low!)
In this session, learn how to create a culture of innovation and success within business services, how to keep engagement high, and how to encourage continuous improvement within business services.
Anna FalbogowskaDirector, Strategic Deployment